Complaints procedure 1 January 1970
Making a complaint
We believe that children and parents should receive the best care and attention and we welcome suggestions on how to improve our setting. We will give prompt and serious attention to any concerns about the running of the setting. We anticipate that most concerns will be resolved quickly by an informal approach to the appropriate member of staff. If the desired result is not achieved, we follow our procedures and aim to bring a satisfactory result to all parties.
• All settings are required to keep a written record of any complaints that reach stage two or above. This is made available to parents, as well as Ofsted inspectors.
• Talk to the pre-school manager.
• If the problem is not resolved, or if the problem recurs, the parent must make a written complaint to the pre-school manager and the committee.
• If the parent is not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, they can request a meeting with the manager and the committee chair.
• If an agreement was not reached at stage 3, an external mediator is invited to help settle the complaint.
• Parents may approach Ofsted directly at any stage of the complaints procedure. In addition, where there seems to be a breach of the setting’s registration requirements, it is essential to involve Ofsted as the registering and inspecting body with a duty to ensure the Safeguarding and Welfare requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage are adhered to.
• The number to contact Ofsted is: 0300 123 1231.